For decades the National Park Service has been locked in a battle against lake trout, an invasive fish with a voracious appetite that has overtaken Yellowstone Lake and upended its formerly thriving ecosystem. According to new research, an aircraft-mounted instrument could offer a faster way to locate and capture the non-native fish during the brief...
Recent Posts by Joseph
RCN hope the protocol will encourage more hospitals to explore animal therapy...
A new study is suggesting many of the plants and animals that call Latin America home may actually have their roots in the Amazon.
The study, co-authored by Harvard Visiting Scholar Alexandre Antonelli and an international team of researchers, found that a dynamic process of colonization and speciation led to the formation of the American tropics,...
Memories can be transferred between organisms by extracting ribonucleic acid (RNA) from a trained animal and injecting it into an untrained animal, as demonstrated in a study of sea snails published in eNeuro. The research provides new clues in the search for the physical basis of memory.
Long-term memory is thought to be housed within modified...
From treating cancer and erectile dysfunction to managing hangovers, the horns of endangered wild rhinoceros are widely used as a medical cure-all in parts of Asia. A new Danish-Vietnamese study from the University of Copenhagen uncovers new reasons for why Vietnamese consumers buy illegal rhino horn. This knowledge can now be used in campaigns to...
A new study in the Journal of Urban Ecology, published by Oxford University Press, indicates that the number of wild animals killed by motor vehicles may be much higher than is generally reported or understood.
Roads can have negative impacts on wildlife through direct effects such as fatal collisions with vehicles and through indirect effects such...
Recent Comments by Joseph
No comments by Joseph yet.
*FREE* Callback Request
Search our website
Like us on Facebook
- Clues to how birds began to fly
- New fly species found in Indiana may indicate changing climate
- Working lands play a key role in protecting biodiversity
- Bee social or buzz off: Study links genes to social behaviors, including autism
- South American marsupials discovered to reach new heights
- Engineered enzyme eliminates nicotine addiction in preclinical tests
- Pupil's brain recognizes the perfect teacher
- Blue crab baby sizes and shapes influence their survival
- Winter ticks killing moose at alarming rate
- BVA supports MPs’ call for overhaul of ineffective dangerous dogs law