19 August 2008
Westfield Health - healthcare plan
The BVA is delighted to announce the launch of a new members' service, a healthcare plan provided by health insurers Westfield Health. This fantastic healthcare plan is now available for BVA members who are practice owners, to offer to their employees.
Cover starts from just £1 a week per employee, a very affordable choice for employee healthcare cover. Employees will have access to six healthcare benefits and services, including money back towards their everyday healthcare treatments, such as
* optical - glasses, contact lenses and sight tests
* dental - check ups, scale & polish and fillings
* therapies - physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture and chiropractic treatments
Lilac Technology Ltd – TB Master – a new way to help you monitor TB in your herds
BVA members are entitled to a special discount on the TB Master software.
The computer programme is a way to record the TB results for a herd on farm and allows the user to print off the results to be sent to Defra. The discount is 50% on the purchase price of the software and 10% on the annual licence fee.
VETS.TV – Six new videos added
New videos filmed at BSAVA Congress in April are now available for viewing on VETS.TV
Videos available include
- BSAVA Congress - a flavour of this year's BSAVA Congress
- X-ray Unit - Paul Mahoney discusses what to look for when choosing an X-ray unit
- MRSA - Jill Moss discusses her campaign to make vets and pet owners more aware of the threat of MRSA
- Veterinary Oncology – David Vail gives a general overview on the subject
- Veterinary Hypertension – Rebecca Stepien explains why vets should be on the look out for hypertension in small animals and how it can be treated
VETS.TV is the pilot for an online television site and BVA would encourage everyone to log on and give us their feedback on this exciting service.
BVA Congress 2008 – Vets in a Changing Environment
Preparations for BVA Congress are well underway and we are looking forward to another successful Congress. Sessions will cover a diverse range of topics from adapting to the new environment, farm animal practice, equine dentistry to emerging diseases in Europe and their effect on zoos.
Large discounts on registration are available starting at 27% for BVA members and 52% for recent graduate members while attendance will also earn delegates valuable CPD points.
Register for this year's BVA Congress
Notes for editors
For further information please contact the BVA Press Office on 020 7636 6541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org