[unable to retrieve full-text content]A multidisciplinary team of researchers has managed to solve a puzzle that had bewildered biologists for over a century: how and why an organism's base metabolism varies depending on its mass. Base metabolism is the minimum energy that an organism consumes to stay alive.
*FREE* Callback Request
Search our website
Like us on Facebook
- Even flies like a familiar song
- Run-shy vet to don ostrich outfit for charity at London Marathon
- First evidence of live-traded dogs for Maya ceremonies
- Detection, deterrent system will help eagles, wind turbines coexist better
- Fish accounted for surprisingly large part of the Stone Age diet
- New genetic test detects manatees' recent presence in fresh or saltwater
- Mice change their appearance as a result of frequent exposure to humans
- Climate change promotes the spread of mosquito and tick-borne viruses
- Ending overfishing would stop the population declines of endangered bycatch species about half the time
- When natural disaster strikes, can insects and other invertebrates recover?