Recent Posts by Joseph
In findings that one day may help people sleep better, scientists have uncovered the first molecular evidence that two anciently conserved proteins in the brains of insects and mammals share a common biological ancestry as regulators of body temperature rhythms crucial to metabolism and sleep.
Researchers at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and Kyoto University in...
An August 2016 call to an infectious disease hotline OHSU runs for Northwest physicians ended up being one for the record books.
Erin Bonura, M.D., assistant professor of medicine (infectious disease) at the OHSU School of Medicine, heard this on the other end of the line:
"'This patient has worms coming out of her eye. What are...
A few thousand rubber ducks, a group of experienced wildlife spotters and a drone have proven the usefulness and accuracy of drones for wildlife monitoring.
A University of Adelaide study showed that monitoring wildlife using drones is more accurate than traditional counting approaches. This was published today in the British Ecological Society journal Methods in Ecology...
On a certain level, extinction is all about energy. Animals move over their surroundings like pacmen, chomping up resources to fuel their survival. If they gain a certain energy threshold, they reproduce, essentially earning an extra life. If they encounter too many empty patches, they starve, and by the end of the level it's game...
Recent Comments by Joseph
No comments by Joseph yet.
*FREE* Callback Request
Search our website
Like us on Facebook
- Improving 'silvopastures' for bird conservation
- Newly identified African bird species already in trouble
- Fly mating choices may help explain variation across species
- Chemicals linked to endocrine disorder in older pet cats
- Why do we love bees but hate wasps?
- Jararaca pit vipers: Giant' specimens proliferation linked to fewer predators
- How birds can stay slim, even when they overeat
- Global trade in exotic pets threatens endangered parrots through the spread of a virus
- Picture-perfect ponies and puppies pip competitors to the post in third BVA Veterinary Photographer of the Year competition
- Turmoil behind primate power struggles often overlooked by researchers